Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 24 March 2011

Tippy Thursday - using Nestabilities to emboss a frame

First of all I want to thank you all for your lovely supportive comments that I have received over the last few weeks.  That you  find the Cupboard interesting and informative was my objective and to think that it is makes my work very satisfying and also rewarding.  So, my thanks everyone as I've said many times - the Cupboard would be a lonely place without you!

I also have PeeJay to thank for letting me know that I have lost a day! No wonder the draw for the Spellbinders Bunny Hop was closed on Tuesday - I have lost this plot completely - but I have been able to leave comments today on nunutoolies.blogspot.com/ and embellished-dreams.blogspot.com/.but don't leave it too long!

On Tippy Thursday I try to answer any questions I have received over the week.  Yesterday I received a comment from Rita asking how I had done something - it also baffled me for awhile until I realised that the post referred to a tutorial way back in April last year.  I called  the tutorial Double Embossing......



and the effect was achieved with a magnetic mat and a tan embossing mat.  The link to the tutorial is here.

As it happens, I have just completed a Chocolate Baroque DT sample with the same type of double embossing only on the JT machine WITHOUT a magnetic mat.  As yet it's under wraps, but I will try to do a post tomorrow if possible to show you how you can do this should you not have a magnetic mat.


3 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Ikki, you are full of brilliant ideas. I am off to try this one out now. I must make time to experiment more with my bug. I obviously haven't realised its full potential yet. Kate x

Rita said...

Thank-You ikki, you are such a sweetheart. Will certainly look to-morrow with interest, but now I'm off to watch the tutorial. Hugs Rita xx

Sharron Lynne said...

Thanks for posting the link to your tutorial again. This is a project that I want to try. I am wondering about the pattern on your paper. Is the pattern from the magnetic mat? I have not used one of these before.