Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 29 March 2011

Would you - Could you HELP?

I saw this appeal over on the LIM challenge blog and thought what a wonderful idea! 

"St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge

A monthly cardmaking challenge supporting a Sheffield hospice through the donation of handmade cards to sell.

What is St Luke's Hospice?
St Luke's is a hospice which cares for people aged 18 and above throughout Sheffield who have incurable illnesses. Their aim is always to control the patients symptoms, alleviate pain, and give them the best possible quality of life – all free of charge. It costs £6 million per annum to keep St Luke's open, and government funding, via NHS trusts only provides one third of the funds required, which means the Hospice has to raise a staggering £4 million each year to provide this vital end-of-life care.

This challenge was set up by a St Luke's Supporter who has seen first hand, the amazing care given to patients through St Luke's. The aim is to promote the good work of the charity, provide a fun and welcoming challenge community in which card makers and crafters can come back month after month to play in our challenges, and by sending their cards to the charity, provide a little something to help them keep their doors open.

So, if you feeling creative and want to play along with us, please do - no matter what your age or ability, all are welcome, and if you can "spare" the card you make too, then all the better :-) THANK YOU!"

A couple of years ago I had a breast cancer scare but fortunately  further tests proved negative - I was lucky but both my parents were not and I lost them both to cancer. After my experience I made an appeal to my crafting friends to donate a card to the North Staffs Breast Cancer Unit and received your wonderful support and your donations raised £400 for the benefit of future patients, so now I want to offer my support. If you would like to know more about the charity cards challenge in aid of St Lukes Hospice please follow this link.  Hope you'll feel able to join me, as crafters we can help in a big way.

4 comments:

Aquarius said...

I already support my local hospice but will be entering this challenge also as a friend is on the DT

Lynn said...

Hi Ikki, I saw this appeal too, and will be joining, sending cards, and putting their blinki on my blog.
Lynn. x

Rita said...

Hi Ikki, I give cards tom our local hospice, but will help out with this one too. Hugs Rita xx

Chrysalis said...

What a lovely idea, Ikki - I'm on my way over there. x