Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 28 March 2011

Less is More Challenge Week 8

This week's challenge over on Less is More is to use a DL sketch card - I thought at first - okay not too hard!  However, I was wrong because although I thought I had conquered the white space on square or A5 cards, the amount of space hanging about on this size made me quite uneasy.   Having searched about for a stamp that would be suitable and would you believe finding none that I fancied or just right, (I'm sure you will know what I mean!!!!!)  I decided to try to use a couple of old favourites in a different way along with a never used stamp and a new Nellie Snellen die. 
My collection of this and that - made this
The lace border I stamped in Black on white card and cut out - it surprised me how much like lace it looks!
 The NS Eastern die No.2 - makes a perfect mat for the
Nestie Large Classic circle No3 die
I cropped the Hampton Art stamp and coloured with Marvy Le Plume pens (also forgotten and unused for ages)
  The See D's rose I stamped onto shrink plastic (guess what? - yes, another much underused purchase)
I feel rather chuffed with my finished card ....

I love this stamp but had grown tired of using it, but by cropping the image it looked completely different and revitalized!
Another lesson learnt from the LIM challenge - there life in the old dog stamp yet -  thanks ladies you are doing a great job making me think and look in the cupboard at my forgotten stash! 
Mind you, you didn't managed to stop me buying at the NEC yesterday, but then I wasn't alone was I Chrissie!

42 comments:

Rita said...

Ikki, I love your card ,in fact its got a kind of vintage look. Beautiful. Hugs Rita xxx

Aquarius said...

Like you I'm getting used to white space on square cards but a bit surprised how much there is on a DL!! Well done for raiding your stash of stamps to come up with this lovely result. No doubt we will be seeing some of your latest purchases very soon.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Lovely card, Ikki. Like you, I thought this challenge was right up my street as I love simple cards, but when I got to version 9, I decided it was more of a test than I had realised. I love the way you have used that lace stamp, so effective, and shrink plastic too - wow.

Maja said...

Gorgeous card! The lace looks like a real one.

Irene said...

Such a beautiful card, Irene

Jan said...

A beautiful card Ikki xx Jan

Chrissie said...

Well my friend,I'm pleased to see that you got home OK with your purchases!
This is simply ACE!
That lace is amazing... what make stamp is it? I would love to acquire one of those!
Your card is stunning, cutting down that stamped image was inspired... love the frame too!
Great to see you yesterday!
Chrissie

mamapez5 said...

A beautiful card. I still haven't found the courage to try this challenge yet, but I will...I will. What make is the lace stamp? It is very effective. I also like the NS die. I have just ordered new dies but unfortunately the company, looking for a secure method, have used 'international signed for post' which is very slow and can take a month or more to arrive! I am trying to be patient.Well done on another great card. Kate x

Kathyk said...

Splendid and you are not wrong that stamp really DOES look just like lace

KAthyk

Michelle said...

Such a fab card I love the lace and the image there great xx

Lynne said...

Oooh Ikki this is lovely. Isn`t it surprising what we can come up with when we have to. I have a lace stamp like that, that I got from The Stampman and I don`t think it`s ever seen ink. I`ll have to rectify that.I`ve also got that see dee set and never thought to use it on shrink plastic. You`ve inspired me.
Lynne xxx

LizM said...

FABULOUS! Love the main stamp & the lace stamp - gorgeous! Must have, I think...

Liz M x

Seafield Jo said...

Gosh I thought that was real lace on your card. It's a beautiful card. Jo x

Susan said...

Ikki...WOW! When I first pulled up your site and saw that lace card, I thought it was real lace! What a great stamp!! Beautiful card!!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Absolutely fabulous. Love the lace stamp, and the cropped image is beautiful. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

Beryl K said...

This is lovely, great image and that lace stamp is gorgeous

kelly said...

beautiful card, very elegant

Kelly xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Ikki this is outstanding!
I love it, everything!

I hear we all made similar purchases at NEC lol
Great taste!
Thanks so much
mandi

G Peplow said...

Hello there, lovely card, I love that you were so good with the lace I thought it was real! Love it:0) xxx

Linby said...

Love how you used part of the stamp - must see if I can do that with some. I thought that it was lace! very realistic. I just love what you have created -very eyecatching.
Linbyx

Lynne K said...

Lovely card! You certainly should feel chuffed with it. I'm going to go away and look at some of my old stamps in a new light! Lynne x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely stunning card, I love it

Fiona said...

Fabulous card Ikki, I agree with the others that the lace stamp is wonderful, so realistic. The cropped image is beautiful and the lace is the perfect background for it.

Jen said...

This is beautiful, I love the stamps.
jenjoy x

Deborah Frings said...

This is beautiful. And if you hadn't told us, I would have thought that it was a piece of real black lace!! Very elegant card.

Tricia Williams said...

Gorgeous Ikki, Really nice, the lace works really well.

Scrapcat 1 said...

I went to the NEC on Thursday and came home with bulging bags of goodies so I know what you mean about spending money there! Your card is just fabulous the lace border is inspired.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Ikki
Love your card ...stunning ..i used thet lace border on one of my CAS CARDS HAD IT YEARS AND NOT USED...Stamps Beautifully
hugs
sylvie
Thanks for all your tips Ikki
hugs
sylvie
xxx

Suze Bain said...

Gorgeous card. x

Anikraft said...

Love that card! Can I ask what make the lace stamp is and the die you used to cut the black matting for the circle? I just love the shape of that.
Keep up the great work, ill be popping back for more inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! So stylish and I love your choice of stamp

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image used and the theme of the card

Canonbury creations said...

Great card Ikki that lace looks real!
Love all the tips and tutorials on your blog :)
Val x

Erica said...

This is one of my fave submissions you've done to LIM. Hope you don't have anymore trouble with the spammers. Such a bummer.

mrs ann said...

Amazing card! I thought the lace was real until I read your details. Love the look of this card it's soooo stylish! x

Anonymous said...

Super creation!

Ali x

Jose said...

Stunning card, and I thought like others that it was real lace.
Jose x

Sue said...

A fabulous card. Love the image and the lace looks so realistic - I would never have guessed it was a stamp. Sue.x

Aileen said...

Super card. It really does look like lace and goes so well with your focal image. x

Gina said...

Fabulous card Ikki. I love both of the stamps you have used and that really does look like lace.
Gina x

Unknown said...

Oh wow I absolutely LOVE this card!! It is just so vintage, elegant, beautiful, girly...I could go on! And wow to the lace stamp too! It is incredible! What is the stamp?
Lizy x

Susie Sugar said...

Wow this is so sassy I love it to bits
Hugs Susie Sugar xx