Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 21 March 2011

Less is More - Challenge week 7

Hi, I have been a bit short of inspiration and energy over the last week, but managed to pull something together for this week's challenge from LIM - a masculine card.......

The sentiment is from Hero Arts (H4938) which I bought 12 months ago from the NEC  - another one of those purchases which I just had to have at the time and which has sat on the shelf since looking at me waiting to be used for the first time! 

You will perhaps recognise the car from the new Chocolate Baroque miniature stamps Curiosities.
The trees are from the EI Tall Tree theme plate (UA5SP0252)

To get this effect I stamped the car on scrap paper, then cut-out the image to use as a mask.
After stamping the car in Brown Archival ink on a piece of cream hammer card, I heat embossed the image with a clear embossing powder, placed the mask over the image and then stamped and heat embossed the trees as a background.   I love the effects you can get with this masking techique!

I used a Classic Large Oval die (size 2) to cut out the image.  By leaving the cut in the die, you can embossed the edge with a embossing pen, and  also use the die as a stensil to colour the centre panel. 

I then cut another oval in acetate, ran this through the Bug in the distress strips folder to give a more interesting look to the embellishment, and fixed with brads.  Unfortunately this was difficult to show on a photograph but it was worth the effort because of the texture and sheen that it adds!   The Bug cuts only a medium weight acetate (have yet to try it in the JT) and embossing caused no problems.  The swirls are from Marianne designs.
Another enjoyable challenge from LIS - thanks ladies for the inspiration to get off my butt!  Now what else can I do?????



21 comments:

Viv said...

Great card again Ikki, love that idea about putting acetate through the 'bug' too.I like how you have combined the car and the trees too:O) Viv xx

Caroline Hallett said...

very cool card - like how you have done the little mini collage of the trees and the card Caroline x

Chrissie said...

Love this card as ever Eileen, that sentiment looks great and you have given it a fab treatment. The image is wonderful too!
I'm going to the NEC on Sunday... you going?
Thanks for another fab submission!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cheryl W. said...

I really like this card, Ikki! Great effect with the acetate.

Kathyk said...

This card is a delight

Kathyk

Jan said...

Great card Ikki xx Jan

Anonymous said...

Perfect masculine card Ikki. Stamps are fab and love the sentiment and swirls.

Ali x

Suze Bain said...

Super card Ikki, love the images and the small flourish. That's a fab sentiment, it would even look great on it's own. x

Cali said...

Fantastic card!!! Love the vintage aspect.
http://ya-dla-joie.over-blog.com

Rita said...

What a Fantastic card ikki. I love those stamps too. Hugs Rita xxx

Seafield Jo said...

This is a great mens card. Jo x

jordiegirl said...

Great masculine card.

Christine said...

Fabulous card Ikki, love the vintage car and the way you incorporated nestie's.
Hugs xx

Christine B. said...

Great card, love the minature images. Hugs x ChrisB

Mandi said...

Hi Ikki
this is just super I love the oval with the car, its great
Thanks as always and for all your continued support
mandi
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Ikki.....what a wonderful card!! I love the car and the way you've put the trees behind it. Simply beautiful!!

ThinkInk Creative said...

Great card and definitely great use of the Cuttlebug (love mine, too).

cheers,
Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

Aquarius said...

I really like this card and can't wait for the new stamps - trying to save my pennies so I can treat mysalf!! What a great idea to put acetate over the top of the image - I wouldn't have thought of that. The greeting stamp is good too - why do we buy things and then not use them? You're not alone there.

Lynne K said...

Stunning card, Eileen! Great masking, and the way you've mounted the image with the swirls behind is very stylish. I love it! Lynne x

Joan said...

Great card, love the car on the oval.

Sylvie said...

Wonderful card
Hug Sylvie x