Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Saturday 12 February 2011

"Less is more" Weekly Challenge Blog

It's the 2nd week of "Less is more" Weekly Challenge Blog and the theme is a challenging one layer card featuring a tree or flower!

Since stamping straight onto card is not something that I do very often, it's a nerve thing! I first stamped out the image and place a nestie circle where I wanted the background circle to be.....and cut......

and to make a mask.  This made positioning much, much easier, but still a nerve racking moment when the stamp was hoovering over the card.  But.....

got it right!  Thank goodness!!

The stamp is from Elusive Images called Tall Trees (UA5SP0252) and the sentiment is PC generated.
The background is sponged with DI's Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge. 

Chrissie and Mandi would love to have you visit, and be even more delighted if you join their challenge!

Enjoy your day,

35 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This looks incredible! The stamp is so beautiful and the that inked circle is just the perfect accomplishment.
Sharon xx

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Eileen, I'm glad you held your nerve... it's fabulous! Great to have your usual tips on how you went about it too!
Thanks so much for joining us again!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Julie said...

This is lovely Ikki,you are so very brave!.x

Ali Watson said...

Lovely card its always nerve racking when you start stamping onto the card first but the more you do the more confident you get. Great job!

Ali x

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Stunning card, love the touch of yellow. Love Sheila (Cyprus)

Sue said...

Love the card Ikki, the standard of cards for this challenge looks quite high already and yours has to be up there with the very best. Love the blog, good luck with your JT machine.

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is beautiful!

Mandi said...

Fantastic card Ikki, super effect

Thanks for joining us again, much appreciated

mandi
"Less is More"

Gibmiss said...

Hi Ikki
i really love your card its not to bARE ...I am struggling with this sort of card
Hugs
sylvie
xxxxx

Aquarius said...

This is lovely and uses one of my favourite stamp sets (I have lots of EI faves mind). Very brave stamping straight onto a card but I guess that is a must this week!!

Scrapcat 1 said...

what a stunning creation, I stamp onto the card quite often but I use rock a blocks for rubber stamping, I find them so much easier to use and you get a good image all the time.

Larissa said...

So pretty! Love the sponged circle.

Hugs,
Larissa

Anonymous said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog, your card is really lovely. Yes, I do love EI stamps, I forgot to mention them on my post. Looking forward to the news!

Lynne said...

Fabulous design. Very classy.
Lynne xxx

Viv said...

Gorgeous card - I have this stap but have never used it 'cos I didn't have any inspiration - but your card is stunning... so thank you!

Faye said...

Fantastic placement! I don't do very pretty stamping, especially with text, so I really appreciate expert stampers like you.

Kaz said...

Lovely card, the splash of colour is perfect.
Kaz xx

Miranda said...

Beautiful card Ikki! That's a beautiful stap also, greetz, Miranda

Marlou McAlees said...

loving your card :)

Susan said...

A gorgeous card! Love the pop of color and appreciate the info on how you did this! Gorgeous stamp!!

Deborah Frings said...

This is wonderful - just lovely!

tracy said...

lovely card, i couldnt do it.
im not the best stamper as it is

Sarn said...

I absolutely LOVE that stamp, and the OLC you made with it. Very striking colour scheme.
Hugs, Sandra

Lynne K said...

Stunning, Eileen, as usual. Lynne x

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful card and thanks for the masking tip!

Sue said...

Ikki, i absolutely love love love your card and thank you for the tips too...stunning:)

sue
xx

craftimamma said...

You most certainly did get it right Ikki. The card is beautiful and perfectly stamped.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Stamps and Paper said...

A very elegent card ikki just stunning.

Anne

An Occasional Genius said...

I must try this, you've done an amazing job with it x

Jane said...

Stunning card xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Ikki, looks like an African sunset or somewhere equally exotic. Hope you're well.

Hugs
Brenda

Kathyk said...

Simply lovely

KAthyk

Gina said...

What a lovely card Ikki, I do love that technique. Brilliantly done - as always.

gina x

Linda said...

This is just stunning!! xx

Lynda said...

I love the elegance that the simplicity of the design gives. Very difficult to achieve but your card si perfect. Excellent tips too.