Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Friday 4 February 2011

Friday's Followers' Gallery




The card today has been made by Val known to many as Aquarius.



The way Val has used two dies to make the frame and emboss both at the same time is a new idea to me.  She has managed to emboss both edges of the frame which I think looks great.    I couldn't work this out, so as I encourage you to do, I asked and this is how it is achieved:

It's actually very like my tutorial yesterday on making photo corners, but instead of  embossing freehand, Val embossed both pieces in the Bug. 

I also love the way the ribbon wraps round the frame giving  another different take.  Great card, Val!  Thanks  for sharing your idea with us, and I pleased  to put your card in the Follwers Gallery.

Why not pop over and say hello to Val, she is a very talented crafter with a very interesting blog, and if you are a lover of Elusive Images - you will also find that Val is too!

7 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

love the technique will pop over to Val's now.

Suzi B said...

this is a great technique and Vals blog is lovely...
Sue x

tracy said...

lovely card and a lovely idea,

Christine said...

Gorgeous card with a fab colour scheme. Off to visit Val's blog.
Christine xx

craftimamma said...

I've been a follower of Val's blog for quite a while and I agree, she is very talented. Love this card and the frame technique.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Aquarius said...

Thanks very much for featuring my card on your blog.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card by Val - and worthy of a mention in the followers gallery Ikki... thanks for bringing new crafters to our attention.

Paula x x x