Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Sunday 27 December 2009

Well it's all over!

After all that work and preparation Christmas 2009 is over! I hope you have all enjoyed a peaceful and happy time with your loved ones...and now we crafters can move on...not, however, forgetting the Christmas theme because there are the SALES!!

I've spent Christmas in Edinburgh and yesterday (yes Boxing Day) the sales began, but alas no Craft Shops! Still there is the internet, so no problem - I'm sure we will all find a few things to buy! If you find anything interesting - I'd love to hear from you. I cannot make up my mind about Copics, Promarkers, or Distress inks, but I did find a super book in Waterstones on coloring flowers, so now I know how to, I just need to know what with? Any advice to help me decide would be appreciated.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Eileen, pleased to hear you had a good festive time and like you say, its all over, thank goodness I say!! We had a good but busy one, at least Don got to enjoy it this year!

I am itching to spend some Chrissy cash on some new crafting stuff, got my eye(s)on a few tempting goodies, just waiting for the online stores to open their doors.

See you soon hopefully
Barbaraxx

Merry said...

Really like your new theme. We have almost chosen the same one. :-) Happy shopping.

Kraftychick said...

Ikki:
I use the MCPT technique with the Prisma Premier pencils and I'm getting started with the Copics. I love the Copics for bright, vivid colors - the price is prohibitive though so I have to start out slow and build up an inventory of colors - and with the Copic I think there's more of a learning curve, but worth it in the end! Hope that helps!
Jackie

Bettythebaglady said...

Ikki I do like Promarkers but I'm sure Copics are just as good.After never fancying distress inks I have to say that 2009 has been my distress ink year. I love them.You can use the techniques with other dye inks though especially SU inks.Here's to a crafty 2010 Hugs Betty