Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 29 December 2009

Cuttlebug - 2009 Top Tips - No 4

As we near the end of 2009 which has been a busy year for me, I thought I would look back at some of the postings in the Cupboard. I have done so many tutorials and postings that I was amazed and surprised at what I found hidden away and had forgotten about! This led me to think of what I considered to be my best tips of the year and for the next four days I will show you what I consider to be my top 4 Tips for using your Cuttlebug and dies. You may have seen these, but just in case not, I don't want you to miss them!

Today my Top No.4 tip has to be using my small dies to make charms for cards. These have proved to be really useful for displaying birthday ages and wedding anniversaries.  You will find more ideas for using these charms under the label: Love and Marriage.

From:  5th July 2009

The last week has been hectic for me but I still managed to make a couple of cards using my Cuttlebug.

At the risk of becoming boring, I have used my Butterfly Shapeabilities to make a completely different card to last week's, because I thought you might like to see just what you can do with the smallest die.


Using a mottled beige cardstock cut to make a 5.1/2" square card, stamp a large swirl in gold ink and embossed with a clear embossing powder. 2 Fancy Corner die cuts finished the base card. Don't throw away the pieces left over - these can be used to decorate inside corners.


For the embellishment I used a thick handmade patterned paper to
cut a large butterfly and embossed this with the Paisley Cuttlebug folder.


To increase the boldness of the butterfly, use a glue stick to add a thick layer of glue to the edges. Cover with gold embossing powder and melt the power and glue with a heat gun.


This is the effect you get.



To complete the butterfly's body use : 2 eyelets and some twisted gold thread. Gold wire and beads for the antennae.
Cut 4 small gold mirror card butterflies.











Attach back to back over the gold thread to make 2 charms on which I have added numbers for this special birthday card.










Still using the Butterfly theme, cut and emboss the larger die - ink the edges and stamp in some way and you have your inside card completed.

The finished card.




I'm sure you will like the charms that you can make
with these small dies. Here I have used the heart dies on this Diamond Anniversary card.
Simple but very effective embellishment!










Hope you'll have time to drop by tomorrow for Top Tip No3.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Ikki, love the way you have used the diecuts as little charms, very effective.
Julie Mae (DC)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Eileen, even better 'in the flesh!'
Hope you are well, hopefully see you soon
Barbaraxx

Karen said...

Very classy cards Ikki: Lovely!

And in reference to post above from Spellbinders: I never won a thing either so we can commiserate together and keep hoping for a win this time!

Chrissie said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy. Really elegant and totally gorgeous. Where will your creativity take you next?
Chrissie

Unknown said...

I searched today for Nesties and Cuttlebug, and to my great fortune, your site came up. An hour flew by and I didn't want to stop. PLEASE don't stop now that I have found you!! So many tips and ideas I never knew..I will be a faithful reader. Thank you for your generosity in sharing. Mary

Lynne K said...

Hadn't read this tip before, so I'm glad you've shown it again. What a great idea.

Unknown said...

Another brilliant idea.

Luv Jane XX