Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Wednesday 2 December 2009

Spellbinder and Cuttlebug Christmas Card No.26

Hi, There are only a couple of Spellbinder Nestabilities and Shapeabilities on this card, but the Bug still proved its worth having for a couple of finishing touches!

Tools and Materials for this card:
Shapeabilitie - Create a snowflake
Nestabilities - Classic and Scallop Circle
CB - Embossing folder - Swiss Dots
Paper - HOTP
Stamps - Inkadinkado Snowman/Creative Expressions sentiment
Fiskar snowflake punch


From the close-up you will see I have embossed the centre fold edge.  I actually did this after I had covered the card front.  (An afterthought!).  On the edge of the paper I used a punch - this was a bit fiddly to stick down, but looks good as a contrast.  The tag was from the same paper set, just mounted on white card, and once again that snowman stamp I love!  The snowflake on the tag is a Create a flake die.
                                     

On the inside you will see that I have used a classic and scallop circle for the sentiment and also that the embossing from the front is carried on to the back page.  I did this by placing the whole of the card inside the folder.  2 score lines finish it off nicely!
No.26 Christmas card done and dusted.  Just have to decide who will be receiving this one!

See you tomorrow.  ikki

3 comments:

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Eileen, I love the colours and of course the cute snowman. Have a good evening

Sue said...

Hi Ikki

Love this paper it make such a crisp clean card and the snowman finishes it perfectly. Thanks for persevering with the upload it cheers my day when I see a new card from you.

Sue

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Another beautiful Xmas card Eileen. I love the CB folded edge. (Spotted it in one of your tutorials - it's such a great idea). I have learnt such a lot of new CB techniques from your lovely blog, and I really appreciate you sharing your ideas.
Love, Sylvia xxx