Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Saturday 5 December 2009

Spellbinder - Pendant Die - Spades Design

Hi, For my 29th card I have used my new Pendant Die - unfortunately the light is bad today and with the gold mirror card reflecting the flash - this piccy won't win any photographic contest, but I think you will see how the die has cut and what a classic design Spellbinder's have give us.

I've really gone gold with this one!  Looking a the picture - I think I should have used a larger centre for the snowflake.  I'm sure I've got one somewhere!?!!?!??!? 

Whilst playing with some dies and a magnetic mat, guess what - I broke the C Plate.    I have 2 spare B's, but guess what - Yes, you're right, I don't have a C.  At the moment it's got a bandage and doesn't look too well!  Pity I didn't listen to my own advice  - so take care when cutting Provocraft dies, they are thicker than the Spellbinder ones and can do damage.  

4 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo that is so pretty. Kim

Anonymous said...

A very elegant card, I love it, as always your blog is very inspiring to us thanks for all of your hard work sharing with us.
Liz x (Liz G, Do Crafts)

Jackie said...

Superb card Ikki. I have often looked at these pendant dies and couldn't make up my mind so it's good to see one made up :o)
Jackie xx

Nessie said...

Ikki, I NEED your help, I am sure I'm doing something wrong... :-(
I bought the new Lotus pendant die and I have huge problems to get everything punched out. Even the thinnest card is a problem and I have to use scissors to get it out completely and because it has quite a lot of small "Windows", it is nearly impossible to get them perfectly cut. So I have to use paper, but the effect isn't the same...I am so sad, because I bought the die after seeing this card of yours with the gold mirror card. No way, I could punch the Lotus die from a cs like that... Do you have an idea? I use the cuttlebug, A Plate, B Plate, Card, Die, C Plate. I tried to use another shim to enhance the pressure, but than it will not go through the machine...