Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 7 December 2009

Cuttlebug, Nestabilities - Ovals and Doodles

Hi there, today is the last day of my self-imposed challenge of posting a daily Cuttlebug Christmas card. It's been quite exhausting and brain stopping trying to think of new ways to use the Bug, folders and dies! But, now that I have 30 cards in my stock, all different, I can see that it has worked out well, and the effort has been worthwhile.

So for today's 30th card:

This card was made especially for Andrea. Andrea is a very talented crafter who has helped and encouraged me to stamp and colour. If you have not seen any of her work - pop over to her blog and be inspired!  Thanks Andrea for your patience, understanding, support and for passing on your crafting skills.

For the card:
6" x 6" square white linin card
Basic Grey papers
Various stamps
Nestie Ovals
Nestie Doodles
Fiskar Snowflake punch
bits and bobs from stash

The paper I used was a plain BG paper, which I stamped over with a script, a crackle, a snowflake and a Christmas stamp. I have discovered that this is an area of crafting that I enjoy and hope to follow up in the new year. You can get a truly individually look with this kind of stamping. 

The Red BG paper I embossed with the CB script folder and mounted on gold mirror card.  Two scraps from the same paper pack made the border.  I follow the the crafters motto - Waste not - want not! 



On the inside of the card, two further scraps made a colourful border.

Back to the front:  On the border - 2 dies from the Doodle set.

Assembled: 
I was pleased with the results of my stamping, and it looked so okay that Andrea thought that the paper came that way!  Success, impressed the teacher!!

I hope you have found ideas and inspiration to complete your Christmas cards.  I have linked the various techniques to previous tutorials to help you understand and master new skills.    On my Tippy Thursday post, I will be doing a question/answer spot. So, if you have a question please contact me via the comments link - if I don't know the answer, I'm sure I'll have blog mates who will. 

Thanks for your support over the month - it's been fun!

5 comments:

Lynne K said...

Your cards Christmas have all been wonderful. Thank you for all the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Another brilliant card Ikki, it's given me confidence to try out my own 'backing paper', thank you.

Chrissie said...

Oooooooh yummy, I love this one, the colours are wonderful!
Chrissie

Shree's Blog said...

Hi Eileen,
Such an inspiration you are, if you would like to visit my blog you will find something on there for you, lol
Shree
xx

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Eileen. I am so pleased that I have got you to try out some different techniques, your stamping is fab and I love those little geese.
See you on Saturday. I have found a couple of cat stamps.