Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 15 November 2010

Spellbinders Octagon Nestabilities

I'm beginning to get my head round the fact that Christmas is not that far away and I need to start making a few cards.  I had this idea for a quick card to get me going......

I cut  2 dark green octagons from the largest scallop die and a smaller white plain octagon.   On one of the green scallops, I ramdomly stamped a few swirls and snowflakes in silver, covered with clear embossing powder the heated. 

On the other piece of dark green ( the back ) I did this....
made a line and folded.  Now the two pieces can be joined with a strong glue.

Next I embossed the white shape with the winter scene folder, and embossed the edge with an embossing pen instead of putting through the Bug again.  With  a touch of distress ink in bundle sage round the edge and a sentiment stamped in the same shade, all that was needed was  a bit of  glitter, a ribbon, a star, and a few foam pads.



The card stands up well and is certainly a quick make.
Thanks for dropping by, 

8 comments:

Elaine A said...

Ikki -

What a stunning card! You did a lovely job, this is just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Elaine Allen

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

This looks terrific, and what a great idea
Love Jenni

Merry said...

I really like this Eileen. I have the plain Octagons but don;t seem to use them often. Maybe I need the scalloped edge ones to back them.

Highland Monkey's said...

What a great idea for a card. Perfect.

Sharon said...

Beautiful card. Love the idea

Anne said...

Ikki what a great idea and such a gorgeous card.

Anne

Jackie said...

Superb card and I have those nesties too :o)
Jackie xx

Bea said...

Love the octagon card - has given me ideas for my own octagon dies -thankyou