Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 8 November 2010

Back again and thinking of Christmas

Hi, I'm back to crafting after a lovely few days in Llandudno.  The change did both Dave and I the world of good, but unfortunately as you do, I did too much and so when I returned home I was really off colour again.  BUT, things are improving - my bruising has nearly gone, the pains from my dent have also gone as long as I don't do much, but I soon get out of breath (lol - a big change for me)!   We were very lucky to go last weekend the colours were just beautiful.  This is Bodnant Gardens - 10.30am, peaceful, calm, quiet - just after a short shower - boy was I glad to be alive!





Now down to some crafting - my granddaughters and friends were so pleased with thier Halloween boxes, that I thought I'd make a Christmas Advent Box Calender for them! 
So with some help from my little elf  Dave, we've made a start - he has taken to crafting a treat and so far we have made 50 tops and 30 bottoms - nearly there! But, then so is Christmas!!

Thanks for dropping by, I'll by back soon with some news and tips.
Take care and enjoy your day!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures Ikki. I'm pleased to hear you are feeling better.

Anne

Christine said...

Hi Ikki so pleased you enjoyed your break..the piccys look stunning..take care..

smiles Christine xx

Suzi B said...

Glad you're feeling refreshed.
Bodnant gardens is one of my fav places. After treatment for a serious illness I too went to Llandudno for a few days. On my way home I called at Bodnant gardens. I was there early in the morning before the crowds! I found peace and stillness, just what I needed ... Bodnant is very special to me. Thank yuo for sharing your photos.
Sue x

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Welcome back. Glad you had a good break - those photos of Bodnant Gardens are lovely - I was last there in May. Must go again soon.

The little boxes are looking good.

Aquarius said...

Pleased you had a good time away and thanks for sharing those lovely photographs.

judith@poppy cottage said...

Glad you had a good trip Ikki, and that you are continuing to improve. Take it easy though! Good luck with all of those boxes! Judith xx

Chrissie said...

What fab piccies of Llandudno Eileen, I'm glad you had a good break.. take care both of you! Onwards and Upwards!
Chrissie

Judith said...

Lovely photos, sounds like you both enjoyed a great break, glad to see that your both getting back to your old selves.

Merry said...

Eileen those photos are stunning...how lucky are you to have seen these gardens in real life. Glad to hear that both of you are still getting better. You sure have been busy with the boxes.

Lynne K said...

Lovely photos. Pleased to hear you are feeling better.