Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 16 November 2010

Nestabilities - Squares

I think the basic squares are soooo useful, and can be made to look different if you can conbine it with other  square shapes. 

Here I have cut a red large classic square, then with a smaller big square scallop die, cut out the centre to make a frame. If you want the stamp the edge of your square, don't do as I did - stamp before you cut!

With another square of decorative paper behind the frame you have.....
You will notice that I have embossed only part of the Craft-2-U snowflake folder straight onto the card base and added two lines to finish the pattern.  At a busy time of cardmaking, this is a useful technique!

If you have not done this before, my tip is to place the folder on the card where you want the pattern to be embossed, then place the second B plate on the edge of the folder and guide the uncovered back through first.  If the folder should mark the card, THE LINES WILL COVER THE IMPRESSION.   Scoreboard scores again!

7 comments:

Judith said...

Gorgeous card, I love those robins, where is the stamp from?

Sarah said...

Lovely card! x

Shoshi said...

I love this, Ikki. The partial embossing is soooo effective... And I love those robins!

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Great card, thanks for the tip
Love Jenni

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card. Thank you so much once again for your wonderful tips :o)
Jackie xx

Aquarius said...

Great card and thanks for the top tips.

Eileen said...

Love this ...going to do some like this. My 'nesties' have been sitting quietly in my cupboard for a while . Gonna dust them off now I have some inspiration ..many thanks ..Eileen xx