Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Saturday 13 November 2010

Hi my friends, I send you all greetings and my very best wishes on this World Kindness Day!
A day to say thank you for the kindness you have shown in caring and thinking about Dave and myself over the last two months when life was painfull, and difficult.  Your kindness in sending messages from all over the world has been a great comform and very much appreciated by us both.  I hope on this day that life is well with you and yours and that kindness surrounds you.  There is a saying "little things mean a lot!" - how true we have found this to be!! 

It seems that I have not been posting a great deal of crafting or tutorials of  late.  One reason, although being on the EIDT is a fab experience and I'm enjoying the challenge, it is time consuming and because we are producing samples of new stamps I'm not able at the time to share them with you.  So, I was very excited to learn that the new Family Christmas stamps are being released soon and you will be able to visit the gallery and see what we have all been up to!?!?!?

In the meantime I thought you might like to see one of my Christmas cards made with EI stamps 


I have used 2 sizes of  mega rectangle dies - one larger stamped, coloured with distress inks and Promarkers and then triple embossed.  The smaller embossed with the Swiss Dots folder.  The circle is another Spellbinder die stamped, coloured and guess what?  Yes, triple embossed.  Although these dies may have been about for a long time, they are still useful aids to crafting, and by combining different dies you can certainly make interesting cards!  Have you looked at your old dies recently?  Have you tried combining different shapes?  Have you any interesting examples to show me?  Would love to hear from you! 

Thanks for dropping by, kind regards, 
 

5 comments:

Aquarius said...

I must say I'd never heard of world kindness day but what a good idea. Great Christmas card and look forward to seeing ones with the new stamps too.

Twiglet said...

What a great idea for a world day! Wouldn't it be wonderful if the whole world could join in! Ah well - from tiny acorns..... Have a great day. I love your card - not really started mine yet but will be maybe make some felted toppers for them.

Sharon said...

Lovely card

Christine B. said...

I had never heard of world kindness day, but what a good idea if only everyone would join in. Love your card that Christmas pud look yummy. Love the different die sizes. Hugs x ChrisB themessycraftroom

Carole said...

I saw your "just to say" card on Pinterest. Simply stunning. I re posted it on my board for cards I want to recreate. Today I posted my version and your link on my blog. Thank you. Carole
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/