Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 2 February 2010

Tuesday thoughts

Hi there, thanks for dropping by to share my thoughts on Tuesday.

As I have been saying, life is hectic but also so sweet that I don't want to miss out on the good things, because I'm worrying about what seems to be everything!

I have tried (not always easy as I get distracted easily) to organized myself - first a list (easy if you are a Virgo) then prioritize 2 things that I must do. This has created a routine of doing a couple to things, removing guilt, and encouraged my mojo to return.

I have found that things are getting done, even the difficult tasks that tend to get left on the list! My tip would be to take a difficult task and counterbalance this with more pleasurable one.  You will feel so good having achieived your aim, that you will be calm, happy and able to do something else on the list - should you wish.
Or, go for a walk; do your nails; read a book; listen to music or just simply chill!  Enjoy the day!!

Yesterday I was able to finish this card that had been lying about for an age waiting for some inspiration to strike.

Materials used:

Nestie Labels
CB - folder Happy Birthday. (just a word)
Stamps from Creative Expressions/Paper from Basic Grey
and the distress inks that arrived last week.  (PLEASURE IN AN INK PAD). Am I saddie - NO I'm a happy chappie! 


I found this saying for you:

Ideas without action are worthless.
Author: Harvey Mackay

How true!  Thanks Harvey - I like this positive thought. 

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

I must try harder to learn to like my distres ink pads....I must. Love that card!