Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 22 January 2013

Hi, hope you are all warm and safe - the weather is not very good here in North Staffs - it's freezing what snow we have left (mainly on the paths) and walking is a tricky!

I have been very busy this week working on my new blog which I hope to open tomorrow (fingers crossed) but in the meantime thought I would post a card that I did last year for CB and was not able to show.






Materials used:


Cardstock: A4 burgandy, A6 white glossy, gold mirri, extra white card
Inkpads:
Distress inks: forest moss, peeled paint, aged mahogany, antique linen
Clear Embossing Powder
Shimmer mist:
CB Stamps:
Texture Fragments
UA4SP0339 Essence of Nature Sentiment - floral spray
Joy Craft border, butterfly dies
Ribbon, gems, foam pads glue gel

I'm not used to using texture stamps and my first few efforts ended in the bin, but in the end I was pleased with my sample.  This combination of colours works really well.

Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

Ger said...

How lovely to see you blogging again! Beading, cardmaking - it's all good! I started with beading then went on to cardmaking. I still do some beading, and sometimes combine the two - for example, making stick pins to use on cards. Enjoy creativity in any form you want! Your blog is a lovely resource. Ger x

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is truly lovely!

Jackie said...

Lovely to see you Ikki, and your card is so beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your new blog and jewellery :o)
Jackie xx

Aquarius said...

Love this card with the texture stamps and the butterflies. Will be watching out for your new blog.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Awesome Ikki great share, Shaz in Oz.x