Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 2 December 2010

Tippy Thursday - Embossing embossed patterns

Hi from the warmth of my crafting room, and I'm staying put because it's still snowing!

I have been working on another of my secret projects for Elusive Designs, and whilst embossing a piece of decorative paper which was the only piece I had, and it matched perfectly with another paper, my Bug decided to break the surface leaving white rough bits here and there.  Ruined?  Drat!   No!  I found in desperation that by rubbing over the surface with a darker coloured ink, then adding clear embossing powder and heating......


I had a nicely embossed panel which added unintentional, unexpected, but welcome extra depth and texture.
The embossing folder is from Crafts 2 U and although only size A6, the pattern can be matched to embossed larger areas.  The flower is my new Crealie die, which unfortunately does not show up too well in the picture because of the light catching the embossing.
The darker ink really brings out the embossing, and saved my frustration and project!

This is worth a try!

Thanks for dropping by, hope you're all coping with all this cold and snow.

ikki


15 comments:

Yvonne Russell said...

A great tip. The card is gorgeous. Keep warm.

Jolanda said...

great tip thanks - I also had the same problem and embossed with distress embossing powder which also gave a nice 'rough' effect :)

Sally H said...

What a great Tip! Thanks Ikki!

craftimamma said...

This is fab Ikki and looks like a happy accident to me! I've seen the finished article folks and it's gorgeous.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

PS It's snowed here all morning, stopped a few minutes ago for a brief period of bright sunshine (2 minutes, Lol) and now it's blooming well snowing again. Over 2 ft now!!!

Andrea said...

What a fabulous idea - must try to remember that one to have a go at sometime!
Love, Andrea xx

Christine said...

Another super tip Ikki, thanks for sharing.
xx

Aquarius said...

thanks for that great tip - disasters can usually be rescued or recycled in some way I find.

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the effect that you've achieved on the embossing - it's very vintage. While this weather stays around, inside is the best place to be!!

Marg said...

Brilliant rescue plan from disaster Well done I'm not usually so lucky.

Shoshi said...

That's absolutely gorgeous, Ikki! I love happy accidents! Fabulous colour, too.

Jackie said...

What a happy accident, I must have a go at this. Thank you for sharing :o)
Jackie xx

Miranda said...

Hi Ikki, what a clever solution and it really looks very beautiful! I have seen the total result.
Greetz, Miranda

PepPop said...

This is a great tip. I normally print off my papers so this tends to happen to me quite a bit. Thanks for this. Jaqui x

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Ahh, a happy accident! Don't you just love it when that happens?! I really love your card Ikki - it looks so elegant!

Sharon said...

Great idea and tip. TFS