Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Wednesday 15 September 2010

Halloween - Take 3

Hi, welcome to my blog of this WOYWW morning. If you have not heard of Julia and her group of exposing crafters, pop over to see her from the link on my sidebar.  Today is also my third Halloween  post this week, again if you've not heard of the Elusive Image Design Team  Blog Hop - why not bat over there and join us - there's candy about!

Today I'm making Halloween gift boxes and on my desk......
are some of the bit and pieces that I had left over from various projects and decided must do something with!
In the background,  are a few more spooky things that will fly in over the next two days. Friday is the day when the winners will be drawn. 

Here are my boxes that I'm going to fill with tricks and treats for my grandchildren - I thought if I made a few (and they are easy) it would make a great suspense game - have you chosen a treat or a trick?  Ooohhhh, what's inside????
 
These little boxes are made from a square of 6" x 6" paper.
Would you like me to do a project showing you how to fold them?

Back to the Blog Hop and the candy - as Lin said

Eye of newt and ear of bat
put my name in the lucky hat

You will find my Halloween teamies lurking over at the EIDT blog waiting to welcome you! Why not come over, make them jump with a big BOO and put your name in the hat.....

31 comments:

craftimamma said...

What a great idea Ikki! I love little boxes myself let alone the grandchildren, Haha!

I managed to find time for another make last night too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

The boxes are a fantastic idea - especially as they can be trick or treat :)

veronica said...

love the toadstool box, it's great. Yes please, box details would be good, though i think I know how it would be nice to be sure!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Great boxes Ikki. Lovely stuff on your desk :-)
Anne x

Suzi B said...

What a lovely idea...

Toni said...

Yes please Ikki, how to do boxes of any size would be very useful. Thanks again for all the inspiration and projects, brilliant xx

Angela Toucan said...

fun coloured papers there.

(WOYWW linky 101)

G Peplow said...

Great workspace and lovely projects, I would like to see your project tutorial please:0) great idea! Thank you so much for sharing:0) xx

Miranda said...

Hi Ikki, love your box project and especially the metal looking eye-catcher. Greetz, Miranda xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Great box Ikki, I really like the colours that you have used. Great to use your left overs up too. Have a great day, Judith xx

Carolynne said...

What a great idea. Yes please a tutorial would be usefull

xx

Chrissie said...

Great post Eileen, I love that metallicy looking tag.
What are the tricks in the boxes I wonder!
Chrisise

Aquarius said...

Thanks for sharing your work space today - these boxes look great and love the toadstools.

Sue said...

Hi Eileen
aww what gorgeous boxes, fabulous creations,.Have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Helen said...

What amazing boxes, love them.

Alexandra said...

Very cute but practical boxes Ikki. I'm sure your grandchildren will be thrilled to see what's inside them, mystery contents add to the fun at Halloween. I know I want to open them now, lol

Gina said...

smashing boxes ikki, yes please, do show us how to make them

PaulineC said...

I particularly like the first one. I would love to know how to make them.

Sarpreet said...

gorgeous box, fab workspace,Happy WOYWW! Thank you for sharing your workspace (Linky number 19)

JoZart Designs said...

Love the boxes, especially the toadstools. Great snoop,
JoZarty x

donnalouiserodgers said...

ooh Ikki you reminded me of all times me and the boys made origami boxs for tricks and treats - although even the 'tricks' were nice!

such a lovely thing to do for your grandkids...

Dx ( 49)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love these boxes and they will be perfect for your grandchildren. I know they will love them. I've seen how to make those boxes before, but since I didn't bother paying much attention, I would love a quick tutorial I could refer to. Have a great WOYww.

Phree said...

What a fab idea to use up all those bits on yoru desk. The boxes loom great.

Merry said...

Wonderful boxes Eileen...love the stamps you have used and the papers.

Sharon said...

Very nice boxes. Love the images

Sarah said...

Those boxes are fab and using them for a trick or treat game is a great idea

Beccy said...

Great boxes. The kids will love them,

Beccy

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your little boxes Ikki, especially the first one.

Hugs
Brenda

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Spookily gorgeous boxes.

Happy creating...A.xx

Ciara said...

Wow, those boxes are fab! I love the little dude hiding under the mushrooms :-)

Ciara
xx

Carola Bartz said...

Those are cool boxes! I totally love them. - Carola, 112