Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 5 April 2010

Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Squares Dies and Elusive Image Stamps

Hi, Hope you are having a good Easter Monday.  I started my day by watching a video of yesterday's C & C show with Barbara Grey.  She is such a talented lady!  I watched her demoing at the NEC - I would love to do with a stamp what she does!

Today I'm using the stamps of another of my favourite craftrers - Glenda from Elusive Images.  Sometimes you use a stamp and like, sometimes don't, and sometimes love - I have to say that these stamps I really, really love!

On a 6" x 6" card  - using a scoreboard - make a diamond pattern
On smooth white card, using Momento Ink, I stamped a butterfly image  and coloured with Promarkers and then with a square die cut and embossed the edges.  The black mat was made in the same way.   The shaded coloured background was made using three Distress Inks applied with Cut-n-Dry Foam.

To finish the card you need to make a mask of the butterfly, then using three stamps I built a design.  A script stamp from Creative Expressions, a sentiment stamp from Hobby Art, and the swirl corner stamp from the same set as the butterfly made the border.

The flower embellishment finished my card - for this I used various punches, flowers, wire and a pearl.

Have a creative day!

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

Yummy card!
Tasteful, elegant and very beautiful!
Chrissie

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Another beautiful card, ikki and the butterfly is gorgeous.

craftimamma said...

Wonderfully chic card! Found your blog recently and now have you in my blogroll. You have some beautiful work on display. Thankyou for sharing.

I too am a biiig fan of Glenda and Barbara too. OH is hogging the TV this weekend but I have Barbara's show recorded to watch in peace when he's back at work tomorrow, Lol!

Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

Fab card Eileen, you really are the master of this technique!

Barbaraxx

Helen's cards blog said...

Just got the butterfly plate and you've inspired me to take it out of the wrapper and have a go.
You're creation is lovely.

Helen

theboelemas@aol.com said...

That is just beautiful. You are so very clever and talented. x

Sallie's Place said...

A beautiful card. I think you are more or less up there with Barbara Grey. I wish I was a bit nearer your standard, I am getting better and will get there eventually. My Easter Monday has been spent buying a new computer for my hubby so he can get a look in at the computer because I hog it all the time. Buying was easy its the setting up that causes all the problems. The internet is proving to be a little bit difficult so we've given up for tonight and will get a friend to help tomorrow.

Judith said...

Another great card Eileen, love the way you made that card, butterfly is super.Thanks for sharing, your blog is fab for info.

Unknown said...

Hi Ikki

another lovely card and lovely colours - you're doing a fab job with all your stamps...

hope you are feeling better.

Paula x x x

Kathleen said...

i absolutely adore this card. love the collage effect and the colours.
Kathleen Mc xx