Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Friday 13 November 2009

Cuttlebug Tutorial - Christmas No. 9

Hi friends, Today my No.9 CCC features only one element of die cutting and embossing, but it is the final jewel on my card! I hope you will agree.



The make the card I used:
6" x 6" card
2 patterned papers from HOTP
Nestie classic scalloped oval
Embellishments and gems
Fiskar border punch
Sentiment stamp, ink, embossing powder

Punch a border on one of the papers, then adhere both to your card.

Stamp your sentiment - heat emboss - die cut and emboss edge.

If you are new owner of a Bug (or any other die cutting machine) you can follow the links to previous tutorials that will give you all the info you need. If you do not have a tan mat which is essential for embossing in the Bug, or if you have not seen my tip on embossing with an embossing pen - please check this out - it will save you time and works equally as well as embossing with the Bug.

Papers are a passion of mine, I buy, store, look and touch. Often I don't want to use them, saving them for a special occasion, truth is I don't want to cut them up! BUT, in this case I was pleased I did.

Before I go, I would like to thank you all for your support, your visits have today put my blog in the top 10 of Crafty Blogs which has enabled me to show the crafting world the wonders of our little green Bug. Needless to say "I'm well chuffed". Thank you.

2 comments:

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Well done on reaching the top 10, you deserve it, fabby card once again. xxx

Anonymous said...

I have been visiting your blog for several months now and think its wonderful. Thanks you for all your tips, the information and photographs etc. It has certainly got me using my Cuttlebug more often and I have now now built quite a collection of embossing folders and some Nestabilities, although not too many other dies.

Keep up the good work.
from Biffo of Tamworth, Staffordshire.