Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 17 May 2010

Cuttlebug - Embossing borders

On my card today I have used a full 6 x 4 folder to create borders.  Not all folder patterns will allow you to get away with this, so when you buy new folders it worth looking at the design to see if you can top and tail it!  With designs that cannot be turned (even I don't want upside down birds and things) there is also the option of splitting the folder and rejoining again with tape on whichever edge you want.  This may seem drastic, but it does work and makes your folders more versatile.  You can also do this with the small 2" x 2" folders making it possible to emboss in the middle of the card!  If you are interested in this technique - check out my posts on Love and Marriage on the sidebar.

Using Momento ink and Promarkers, I stamped and coloured the image, then trimmed round the design and triple embossed.  It looked lost just mounted on the card and just needed a touch of something?!?!?!   Hence the border pattern, which I think works well adding texture and interest but not detracting from actual  image.

 Thanks for visiting, hope you find this useful.

6 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

I have split one of my border fodlers and now can't get it to perform well at all...gah! Obviously my taping skill is not what it should be!
Love the image on this card Ikki.

Christine said...

Beautiful card Eileen, love your borders
Christine x

Unknown said...

this is a very clever technique and have read a post you have done before about splitting your folders... I haven't been brave enough to do mine but admire that you did and pass the results on to us - for which I thank you!!!

Paula x x x

Loraine Arderne said...

Beautifull card, clever technique - never tried it before.

Scrapcat 1 said...

what a stunning card Eileen, the border just adds that air of elegance and style

Lynne K said...

Great tip, and a lovely card!