Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Sunday 4 September 2011

COLOUR MY LIFE WITH MUSIC

Hi folks, today is my birthday and I'm celebrating the event with my daughter and two grandchildren in Edinburgh.  I'll be home later in the week, but thought I remind you that Chocolate Baroque has recently released new stamps sets call Chess and Music Fanfare.  Over on the CB DT blog (link on my sidebar) you will find lots of ideas from my DT mates using these stamps.  Well worth popping over!

This is one of my design using the  Music Fanfare stamps.



I've used my trusty nesties squares and a masking technique and you will find full details of how to achieve this look over on the CBDT blog.

I'll be back home on Tuesday and will have another idea for you.


15 comments:

Von said...

This is wonderful the background really sets it off a treat :)

Yvette said...

Love this beautiful card. I wish you a happy birthday! Enjoy your day adn stay with your daughter and grandchildren.

Glennis F said...

Have a great birthday

Sindra said...

Wow! I like it! :)

Chrissie said...

Happy birthday Eileen, I hope you're having a fabulous day... there'll be a little something waiting for you when you get home. Have a wonderful time with the family!
This is a wonderful card by the way.
Chrissie

Cheryl W. said...

VERY classy card! Thanks for the inspiration.

Deborah Frings said...

Hope you've had a wonderful birthday. This is a really beautiful card - love the violin!

Crafty Loops said...

This is such an elegant card, so stunning. Lee x

Merry said...

Wonderful card Ikki and wishing you a very Happy Birthday.

Aquarius said...

Happy Birthday - hope you're having a wonderful time. Great card and love the stamp set as I said on the DT blog

Jackie said...

Happy birthday for yesterday Ikki.
What a stunning card, so classy :o)
Jackie xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Many Happy Returns Ikki - trust you are having a marvellous stay with your family. Love the card, the masking technique is perfect way to present the violin image, love it!

vinny said...

Hope you have a very happy birthday, lovely card x Lavinia

MissRini said...

Hello. I stumbled across your blog today whilst doing a bit of research on cutting machines. I need a machine that will cut shapes for my pendants accurately and quickly. I have 3 shapes that I use: 25mm rounded square, 25mm love heart and 25mmx18mm oval. I don't know whether the cuttlebug is for me? I can't seem to find templates that will do my shapes. Am I looking at the wrong machine? Thank you so much for reading. Your work is just beautiful :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Ikki what a beautiful card....love the vibrant colours and adore that image.

Anne