Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 5 July 2010

Cuttlebug Textile Texture Folder - Wedding Card

Hi, the Cupboard is full of ideas and techniques and some get lost on the back shelves!  This card is one I made in August 09, and since it is an usual design I thought I would re-posting it for all the new visitors that drop by for a look in the cupboard.  Hope you like it!

I have made a number of wedding and anniversary cards lately, and have received queries on how I achieved the lines below my embossing. This I do with a score board - it is one of the most useful tools I have.

This is my most recent card that shows how effective lines can be.

I first printed the words on to a 6" x 6" card and then embossed the top half of the middle section with the Cuttlebug Textile Texture folder.

Then used the score board to emboss lines to frame to pattern.

Again using the score board, I added lines to the heart shape for interest. It's difficult to emboss die cut shapes and at the same time retain the embossed edge which I like, so this was an experiment which turned out well.
My finished card with a few bits and pieces added - actually the bouquet took longer to make than the card, but, I did enjoy doing it! AND, isn't that what crafting is all about!!
Thanks for dropping by, look forward to hearing from you.

12 comments:

Ree Ree Crafts said...

Wow!! Beautiful card! And great tips! Thank you!! Where did you get your board from? That you used to make your lines? Very clever idea!! x

Measha06 said...

Eileen I think this is a truly beautiful card just my style. I ma having a problem with embossing dies cut shapes in the cuttlebug. My cuttlebu A plate has a honeycomb effect and you are instructed to place the honeycomb uppermost and then start your sandwiching on the top. If you follow nestabilities instructions combined with this instruction you end up with the honeycomb imprint onto the card of your die cut. Do you have qny suggestions regarding this? I dont like the honeycomb imprint on everything.

Libby Dyson said...

Just gorgeous Eileen

peter said...

What a beautiful card Eileen.. I must keep these instructions for future reference Thank you for sharing and making it so clear

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is beautiful. I have a CB, but would never have thought of using this technique - it looks amazing, and the embossed "frame" is a touch of genius! I have been blog-hopping and found your sites via. Hunnybunny (Barbara), so thanks to her too!
Love, Sylvia xx

Chrissie said...

Great, great card Eileen, it was worth all the fiddling around with the bouquet and I really like the scored heart.
Another gem!
Chrissie

Jose said...

Gorgeous card and love all the tips you have given us, thank you
Jose

mrs ann said...

Hi Eileen beautiful card idea and must try printing directly onto card-stock it looks so professional
Keep up good work I really would miss it.
Thank You
Annx

Kate said...

This is very striking! Thanks so much for sharing all the details along with a picture. Lovely card indeed!

Kerri said...

Hi Ikki

Love your blog and so many great ideas for my bug! Have linked you on my blog at http://www.myscrapnaddiction.wordpress.com
Great work!
KerriAustralia

LorraineB said...

That is a really beautiful card. Very elegant.

Max said...

Gorgeous and elegant.
Love the embossed heart which adds that extra touch of luxury.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT